i have a very important question?? my daughter is 8 months old and i was just wondering if my breast are still supposed to be producing milk or if i might be pregnant again!!!!1 please respond asap

ashlyn-bella

Asked by ashlyn-bella at 2:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Did you breast feed? I formula fed from day one and my breast still produced milk until about 2 months ago, my son is also 8 months old. So mine did it for 6 months. It is probably normal, but you may want to take a test if you think there is anyway you could be pregnant.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• With my 1st DD I didnt BF her and my milk dried up in about 2 weeks and then when she was about 8-9 months old my breast started leaking again and like you my 1st thought was I was pregnant but took 2 test and both were neg. I later asked my doctor about it and she said its very normal and happens to many woman all the time within the 1st yr after giving birth.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 2:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My DD weanted over 1.5 yrs ago and I still have milk and I am not prego. Some women fry up instantly some never do
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• thank you to you all im relived..as to blainesmommy09 i will get a test just to be sure.... but wow im not panicing anymore i thought for sure it was supposed to go away but omg thank god and i breast feed her the two days in the hospital but that was it i wasent producing enogh of milk so from the day i got out of the hospital ive been bottle feeding her... thank you alll soooooooo much
    ashlyn-bella

Answer by ashlyn-bella at 3:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2009