why do people complain about wal-mart on this site so much?

If everybody hates them why are they one of the few who are making profits in this economy. If you work their and they treat you badly, quit. If you don't like their products don't shop there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm reading some posts from people who have worked at Walmart and have complaints about it. I hate to say it, but just about every single multi-retail superstore like Walmart, such as Kmart and Target, all have the same employee practices. It isn't just a "company" thing, it is a retail thing. The retail industry generally treat their employees like crap when they are saving money on overseas labor and using ways to cut their taxes in the communities they are in.
    I worked at our local Kmart for 2 years and I could tell you the horror stories there from 'behind the scenes' that would probably be as bad, or worse, than the Walmart horror stories.
    If I need a job bad enough, I will work retail and grit my teeth until something better came along. Fortunately, I was one of the lucky ones who was able to tell them to stick their job where the sun don't shine and will never go back.
    I wish you all well. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• If we didn't then we'd have to go back to arguing about breastfeeding vs. formula or RF vs. FF
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have often wondered that myself.
    I LOVE walmart .
    I dont see why people complain about it but never stop going there
    Anonymous

• I HATE walmart myself but am forced to shop there because it IS cheaper. They have the WORST customer service ever!!!!
    Anonymous

• Beacause it is a love hate type of relationship with Wal Mart for me. cheap place to shop saves me money for my big family
    heidi707

Answer by heidi707 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I hate wal mart because I used to work for them. They are not very good employers. I only go there as a last resort.
    Anonymous

• Why are people always complaining PERIOD on this site? It's always something.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I do shop there but I would rather go to Target . I really do think that there is a lot of complaining and whining about all kinds of things. Like someone said, if its not Walmart, its Breast vs bottle or vaccinations (better known as VAX) or ARe you afraid of 2012 or what do you think about the Duggars or Jon and Kate plus 8, how everyone hates our President...etc. It gets really annoying.
    Anonymous

• I've noticed so many people complaining about complaining. What's up with that?

Answer by Bmat at 2:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• LOL cause we are all women and we like drama :)
    heidi707

Answer by heidi707 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2009