i'm not sure what bit me, but i had a big round red bite on my thigh.

i woke up this morning and i noticed a small bug bite, and i thought maybe it was a mosquito or something. it was itchy and i scratched it a little, and i didn't think anything of it. maybe an hour later i noticed it had gotten bigger, and it was red. it is maybe an inch across, light red and a circular shape. i see no bite marks, and it doesn't hurt it just itches, i put some hydrocortisone cream on it to help the itching. any ideas of what could have bitten me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Health

• This is just a conjecture, but a friend of mine had something like this happen and it was something internal due to poor circulation in her leg. I know that I had something exactly as you are describing, and after I heard her describe what had happened to her, I felt fairly sure that that was my problem, too. For me the itching was very uncomfortable, and it took a long time to heal.

Answer by Bmat at 2:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Keep a watch on it. If it swells go to doctor. It could be a spider bite.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• op- i don't think it is a spider bite. i had a bite like this before, maybe 6 months ago, and it went away on it's own, but i never knew what bit me.
    Anonymous