What's the best baby carrier???

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Asked by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is no one best. Different people like different carriers. For infants I like pouch carriers like the New Native. For toddlers I like hip carriers. I don't like ring slings. I have a rebozo I made that I like for both infants and a hip carrier for short periods.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I loved my Moby. It did all that Gailll mentioned without needing several different ones.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• a wrap. got one for #3 and I wish I had it for the first two. still wear her and she's 3.

mamatoto.org is a great site that has lots of different styles
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• www.wearyourbaby.com
    this site has lots of info on the many types of carriers and also directions on how to make your own. i made two wraps that i love for $15!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• if it fits properly, a sling like the new native (thats what i used with the last two- one like it, i sew my own) can also be used as a hip carrier. i still use it with my 38 lb 2 1/2 year old. (hes just a BIG boy- already in a 3-4. tall, not fat, just BIG. lol he is almost as big as my 4 1/2 year old)....

with my 1st, i used a bjorn, and was not fond of it. but it was better than having to use a "carrier" like a carseat... made life a lot easier.

everyone has different preferences, not everything that worked for me would work for you- i have to be cautious of a spine condition that i have, and anything that puts pressure directly on my mid-lower back is a no no. which is why i like a sling.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Look up on youtube about the No-Sew Sling. It's an awesome invention, and there are a few different ways to use it depending on you and your child.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I could never figure out all those slings. I thought they were all too confusing. Maybe I'm just an idiot, lol. But I used the Jeep front carrier and loved it!! For me it was easy & quick. Also liked it b/c it adjusted small enough for me since I'm pretty petite, but DH could adjust it & make it larger for him.
    TristansMom440

Answer by TristansMom440 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I used a bjorn front pack with my first, but she was a big baby and I found that by 3 months it was hurting my shoulders, so I stopped. I found a Moby wrap, which can be used in many different ways and is easy to use with a little practice, when DD was 9 months old - - I was more comfortable with her in that at 19 lbs than I had been with her in the bjorn at 13!! I have friends who LVOE the ergo carriers - - I borrowed one to try with my DS, but he doesn't care for being carried facing in, so I am back to loving my Moby :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• <3 a wrap for a newborn, and <3 ring slings for like, 15lbs and up.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have 4
    Bjorn-SO liked that one but after 15lbs, it wasn't as comfy
    Rebozo-for quick carries. To n from da car.
    Moby-great for infant kangaroo hold and can use in all positions
    Ergo- I love this one for long walks (trip to san francisco we walked a lot and he would nurse n fall asleep in it)
    I would suggest going to the slingstation.com. depending on what ur life is like, you'll need the one that's right for you. I read the pocket slings had a recall cuz the babys chin is too close to their chest.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2009