which age is better? 3 or 4?

My DD never really went through the terrible two's. She got a bit of an attitude around 3 1/2. She will be 4 next month & all of a sudden cries over everything and she is starting to test me more. Is this a 4 thing? I thought all of this was 2's & 3's!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Haha, i'm going through the SAME thing!!!! My son just turned 4 and has worse temper tantrums and complains about EVERYTHING!!!! I guess the terrible 2's got delayed and now its ferocious 4's lol.
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I found 3 to be the worst year of all.
    Anonymous

• 2 was a breeze! 3 has been hell & we're only a couple months away from 4 & I'm hoping it'll level out, but, who knows, lol.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• 4! Three is a power struggle. They don't know if they want to be big or little. Why do people say terrible twos? At three they are going through so many challenging times with their growth in every developmental area. They understand some things and want to know others. They are learning right from wrong yet not sure how to get what they want. Its a tough time. Your not alone when you say its a challenging age. But with that said, between 4 and 5 they go through separation anxiety again. Kids are amazing little people. We just need to help them through the tough times and enjoy the great ones.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• From now until the day she moves out. It never stops once it starts.
    Anonymous

• Each kid is so different. One of my sil's loved the even # years; the other liked the odds.

Our 4's have been a challenge with our youngest. He has always known exactly what he could do and not get into trouble. Now it is a lot of power struggle and he is incredibly verbal. He has a thing for always being right and fighting anything or anyone who tells him otherwise. I suppose I had better start saving for his law school now.

His sister was an angel from birth to about 8. Now she is 10 with all the teen attitude plus hormones. The oldest was a terrible 2 from 18 months until about 6. He is nearly 12 and still throws a wonderful tantrum on occasion.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I currently have one of each (one 3 and one 4 year old). They each have their challenges and they are not the same challenges. Nor are their challenges the same as that of my older one, either!
    Anonymous