He did do something right?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/03/louisiana.interracial.marriage/index.html
At least we know that discrimination will not be tolerated, Good for Louisiana!!!!!!!!!

Asked by older at 2:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I don't know if I agree that he did something right. He said that he stepped down because he knew he would lose the lawsuit, not because he was wrong. But I suppose you can consider it a right if you take it any way you can get it.

Either way you shake it, he shouldn't be on the bench.  JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It looks like even he would agree with you.

"I would probably do the same thing again," he said. "I found out I can't be a justice of the peace and have a conscience."
    Anonymous

• Anon, his conscience has nothing to do with his duties, just the law, this is why he was asked to resign. That is what he did right!

Answer by older at 2:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes, forces acceptance works for all of the radicals.

Anonymous

• Anon it is not acceptance but following the law he was sworn to follow, a very simple concept that he didn't seem to follow!

Answer by older at 2:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• The can be forced acceptance you know! People seem to think you can legislate personal acceptance of something but you can't.

I don't agree with what this guy did. I could see the forced acceptance thing being a big issue where homosexuality is involved.
    Anonymous

• I don't know if I agree that he did something right. He said that he stepped down because he knew he would lose the lawsuit, not because he was wrong. But I suppose you can consider it a right if you take it any way you can get it. Either way you shake it, he shouldn't be on the bench. JMO.

I agree!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2009