How do I make my marriage work and not go crazy/divorce?

Okay I have been married for 5 years and things have been going great over the years, but recently I have lost interest in sex and things have been quite rough for us lately. I can barely talk to my hubby without him thinking that I am giving him attitude in which I am not or he say that I have a tone in my voice that he doesn't like then he goes off on me. I mean I don't know what to do. It has been about a month and half since we last had sex and he is getting mad at me for not wanting it but by the time bedtime rolls around I am exhausted. I don't know what to do to make things right, I don't want to end up divirced. I am a stay at home recently because I was fired from my job and my daughters, (ages 3 & 4) have had me on the go almsot everyday. He says I don't disapline them enough and gets mad at me when I don't punish them if they do something wrong. I do I put them on time out. I am going crazy! PLEASE HELP ME!

mommyjones

Asked by mommyjones at 2:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• First, have more sex. Even when you don't want to...It will make you want it more...Hubby is probably on edge because men equate sex with love and closeness. Since you aren't having it, he's bound to be harder on you and gripe more often about trivial things. You are sending the message to him that while the kids are important, thus you give them your time...he is not as important thus no sex.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• First of all...I do not agree with the post above. "have more sex even if you don't want it" thats seriously insane. I mean we all do it sometimes when we don't really want to but, a month in a half is a long time. Maybe you should go see a Doctor? Or maybe you should go to consoling together and figure out why you really feel this way. Maybe talking with someone else together will help him realize why you don't want it. Maybe he will help out more so that your not so tired all the time...
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• If you haven't had sex in six weeks, it's no wonder the man is hateful and out of sorts. If you want to have any kind of relationship with him, you had better start finding a way to meet this most basic need of your husband. It really isn't optional with him on any level. Even if you don't feel like it, this was part of the deal he signed on for when he married you. It won't hurt any if you start spanking your girls and making them mind. Here's another secret to keeping your husband happy: He wants to come home in the evenings to a peaceful, calm, and respectful home. It is up to you to make that happen, especially since you are there all day. If you will begin to honor his wishes and keep his home peaceful and meet his needs, you will probably find yourself being treated like a queen. If you continue down the path you are now on, don't be at all surprised when he leaves you for someone else.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2009