How can I not be addicted to the computer?

It seems like I on the computer all the time. I am always on Facebook most of the time and there are times when I feel horrible that i have been on the computer so much. I am in school, University of Phoenix and I have to use the computer obviusly for class since it is online, but I don't know what to do. I feel bad for my girls, but I can never seem to find anything fun to do with them at all. I am such a horrible mother to them that they deserve a better mother. Can anyone help me out?

mommyjones

Asked by mommyjones at 2:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Technology

• I find i hard to believe theat you can not find something fun to do with them. They are kids EVERYTHING is fun.
    Delete you facebook account. Why do you want to let everyone know what you are doing every minute of the day? Facebook is one of the dumbest uses of technolgy every invented. I am only on this site once and a long while even when I am taking online classes like I am now.

Anonymous

• Turn it off and just go to a park or this  http://singleparents.about.com/b/2007/01/20/25-fun-things-to-do-with-your-kids-during-the-winter.htm  Start now to make home made presents for others.  Or teach them how to cook

Anonymous

• Another suggestion if you are unwilling or unable to quit Facebook cold turkey is to set a timer. Decide how long is long enough, set the timer, and when the timer goes off...that's it, you are done. Play with your children as much as you can. They will only be little once. ....spoken from the Mom of teens and adults.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with the timer thing. I own several groups here, admin others and enter as many contest groups as I can. I virtual school my son and I have a facebook account. I still manage to find a lot of great one on one time with my son. Actually, it's my computer time that falls short. If you are really set on facebook try playing some of the apps with your girls. My son and I play uno, and take turns challenging each other to mindjolt games. There are lots fun stuff you can with the computer and no reason why you can't find time off of the computer.

PP thanks for that link. It's cool
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• You are not horrible! Alot of (Especially stay @ home) moms are addicted to the internet. You just have to MAKE yourself do things outside, and if you sleep at night and get up early, it will make it easier. I am online alot, but in my down time, I don't let it interfere with my life. I live in a VERY small village so theres never anything to do.. This is like my link to the rest of the world. lol. Dont be too hard on yourself. Just get more involved in daily activities. =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The rude people are always Anonymous.. ugh! Although the timer idea sounds effective =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2010