i keep getting woken up at night because my hands are alseep

this has been going on for a few months. i know i probably fall asleep on my hands some of the time, but most of the time when i am woken up i am not laying on them. and i have to shake them till they wake up so i can go back to sleep. i know i don't have arthritis or carpel tunnel . and i'm not diabetic, so i don't know why my hands fall asleep while i'm sleeping so much. could it just be poor circulation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Health

• I get this sometimes. I got it every night after my last c-section. I googled it and I think it was carpal tunnel. I still get it occasionally.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• From what I can find online, it could be that the nerves are crimped when you are sleeping- you are holding the hand or wrist in an awkward position that bothers the nerve. I'm not in the medical field. It probably would be a good idea to check with a doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 2:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• That happened to me my entire pregnancy. My Dr. gave me wrist braces to wear at night. I believe they are the same type of braces issued to carpel tunnel sufferers. I was sceptical at first, but pleasantly surprised when I began sleeping through the night w/o any more issues!

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• that does sound like carpal tunnel, I had it while pregnant..... dr said that women are more likely to sleep with out wrists curled...anyways, I got some wrist support things and only wore tham at night
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 9:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2009