would you tell your mom how you feel or just let it go

my mother completely FORGOT my 21st birthday THEN this week was like i feel so bad i did not have christinas 21st birthday here )christina is my moms friends daughter
it is bad enough she could not drive an ENTIRE 8 hours to see the birth of her first grandchild she didnt even meet him until he was 6 months old and we had to drive him to see her.she had no problem being at the hospital when her bf's daughter gave birth to her second child.

we do not exactly have a great relationship but THIS crushed me.

yoshiwife

Asked by yoshiwife at 2:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• ive NEVER done anything to her
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 2:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would try to work on the relationship, but I wouldn't bring up this particular disappointment. When you bring up something like that it is received like that one incident is the real problem and then the real issue is not addressed. It sounds like there is a lot more than one missed birthday bugging you. GL!
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry. It can really hurt to have a mom that is thoughtless. It must feel like she doesn't love you.

It's not you. Tell yourself over and over, it's not you. Some women should not be mothers.

My mother did not want to be a mother. I was born in the 50's, before the pill. I was raised mostly by my grandmother. My parents were married and upper middle class. They moved across the country soon after the birth of my first child.

My father is dead. I hear from my mother once a year. I have 3 sons and she bought one of them a gift once. I haven't seen her in 12 years since my grandmother died.

I never did anything to her.

She went to her friend's daughter's birth to be with her friend. My parents would do things like that. When we lived in the same town they would go to friend's for holidays.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• gaill it really kills me on my 21 i called her and we spoke for 20 minutes until I was like so uhm its my 21 birthday she was like oh happy birthday and shes worried about throwing another womans daughter a birthday party all iwanted was for her to think about me for ONCE
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 3:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I am a pretty passive aggresive person, so I would probably do the same thing to her on an important milestone in her life.
    Anonymous

• ^^^ hahaha I would soooo do that too anon :15!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2009