I think I have been having braxton hicks and I am 2cm dilated, I am 39 weeks ...how much longer would you suppose until labor?

please give me some kind of answer and some suggestions to get this show on the road!

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no one knos. it could be tomorrow or 2 wks. . i guess walk walk walk
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• If you feel like it have sex apparently there is something in sperm that can cause things to get moving. I was a finger tip dialated at my doctors appt and my husband and I had sex that night and the next day I had my son!! It apparently worked for us.
    Anonymous

• really there is nothing and no way of knowing. i know the last few weeks are so hard. especially not knowing if it will be today or in 3 weeks!

personally, i was dilated to 1 at 40.5 weeks, didn't have any BH until the night before 41 weeks, then my water broke on the morning i turned 41 weeks, and i had my son that evening.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It's your first baby and you're only 39 weeks. That means that you may well have a few more weeks to go.

First-time moms average 41 weeks, 1 day, so you might not really be ready for a while yet.

Braxton hicks mean that your body is working to get ready. Your dilation proves that your body works, no need to doubt that now, trying to force anything.

Do you trust the process? As a product of millions of successful births before you, you are fine-tuned and perfected. Your body knows more than your mind. Having confidence in the process that works is important.

You're already on the road!! ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2009