I mean no disrespect..do Pagan's really believe in Fairies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not all do, but, yes many Pagans believe in fairies. There is no one theory that all believe explain fairies. Some believe they are real physical beings (that live in this dimension or an overlapping dimension), others that they are elemental manifestations (similar to the gods but with less energy & power), others that they are non-physical beings.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Some use the word to describe the natural energies that rule the natural word. For example kitchen fairies make bread rise.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Oh & I don't think anyone will take your incredulity at the fact that some people really believe in fairies as disrespect. We know it isn't a mainstream belief. Actually I meant to mention in the other post as well, some Non-Pagans believe in fairies too.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Not all, but I know many that do. In fact I know a good many Christian's that believe in fairies as well. Personally, I have had personal experience with fairies, many people have. It's hard not to believe in something you have seen and death with personally. That would be like not believing in albino black panthers just because you don't see many, doesn't mean they aren't real.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I remember a friend used to make little fairy nest out of kool aid lids. She put them around her yard for the fairies to sleep.
    Anonymous

• I think it's really sweet. Would you mind sharing some of your experiences? It made me smile reading your response Sabrina.-op
    Anonymous

• Haha, I'm not sure you want to hear my experiences with fairies. Most people today seem to think Tinkerbell was a nasty fairy, when in reality she was one of the nice ones. Fairies are not nice, sweet and helpful. They are vindictive little tricksters. I had on in my apartment, it bit me more than once and had a great habit of hiding money! I was half way through a ritual at one point when it came in and knocked over my candles... Oh, and it loved to turn on my light after I was in bed... I would have to get up and walk all the way over to the switch and get back in bed. Then don't you know it would do it again! Little bitch! (the fairy, not you)... I finally had to sprinkle iron filings all over my apartment - which sucked getting out - just to get the thing to leave. Once I did that it left.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I don't know but my Aunt does and she is Christian and a little weird but in a good way I do to. Whether they exist or not it's kinda nice to believe they do.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I believe in fairies and other elementals. I never seen them my self yet!
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I'm a Christian and I believe in fairies...only I have another name for them...demons. I believe anything that is considered to be a fairy is in fact a demon messing with people. Demons take many forms, but they all have the same thing in common...they all come from satan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2009