Heres a question, I'm 12 weeks pregnant and my husband bought us a trip to Florida, should I travel

The trip is in January so I will be 5 months along

qustnmrk28

Asked by qustnmrk28 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't see a problem with that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• As long as you are a low risk pregnancy, there is no reason you can't travel.  My midwife cleared me for travelling up to 37 weeks.  She said after that she advised I stay home.  If you are in the car or plane for long periods, make sure you walk around every 1.5 to 2 hours for about 10 or 15 minutes to keep your legs and feet from getting swollen.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Go. Have fun! It's not until later in your pregnancy do you need to worry about it.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 3:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• yup. talk to your doctor or midwife. i went to germany when i was 7 months. i can tell you that the 11 hour plane ride was awful, but i just drank a bunch of water and walked the aisles as much as possible. well mostly going back and forth from my seat to the bathroom. ;) if you are going by plane, you won't have any trouble. if you are going by car, you might just have to make a lot of bathroom breaks. have fun!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i trveluntil i wa s8 mts. am, form florida so wego there alot
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• you'll be fine. you're not supposed to fly when you're in your last trimester (thats what my doc said)...so you should be fine coming here to the sunshine state!!! =) (i live here lol)
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 4:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I flew out to Vegas to visit my mom when I was 5 mo. It was fine.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• 5 months is fine for travel unless you've been told by your Dr. that your pregnancy is high risk, in which case they would have already warned you against travel.
    7 months is generally the cut-off given for traveling long distances, however that rule is flexible if you have your Dr.'s ok.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• As long as your not high risk you should be fine. Double check with your ob first. Relax and enjoy the time before the baby comes.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Of course your not broken u are PREGNANT.. Go and have a good time.
    missjenna21

Answer by missjenna21 at 2:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2009