What does a miscarriage feel like?

Hello.

I thought I was pregnant because I had all the symptoms. I'm suppose to get my period this week. Just yesterday I started bleeding a very little bit and I thought it was just all the stress I've been through the last couple days. Just today I started getting cramps and bleeding a lot heavier. I also don't remember getting my period last month. So anyway, what does a miscarriage feel like? How will I know if it's a miscarriage and not just my regular period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sometimes you bleed and dont even feel it, some women think that they just got their period. but some are just downright painful, really bad menstrual like cramps and alot of bleeding sometimes you pass tissue as well.
    Anonymous

• yes depending on how far along in your pregnancy. some women dont even realize they were pregnant and have a heavier period. I was 12wks when i had my miscarriage. It was awful!! Cramps, heavy heavy bleeding and as anon15 said tissue passed. So If you never confirmed pregnancy i guess you wont know if it was a possible miscarriage. May just be a heavier period for the month.
    Anonymous