• In the Spotlight:

Do you get your pets something for Christmas?

We put up our Christmas tree last night.. (Yes yes, I know! It's early) and our two small dogs both have stockings. Well of course there is nothing in them, but they hang with my husband and I and our sons stocking. Well my MIL came over and freaked out because they are just "dogs" .. I explained that they have been with us for years and we love them and she just left all pissy! Haha. But our dogs have a stocking that we put treats in, and the night before Christmas, we wrap up a toy or a sweather and always put a little treat in it or some rolled up ham so that they smell it and basically open their own present! It's the cutest thing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pets

• yes we always buy our dogs three that live inside christmas presents and yes there presents are under the tree with the rest of the familys..last yr ours got really nice collars and leashes lol and they got special cookies that looked like chocolate but it was pet safe...i never forget about them bc they are my furbabies...i dont know about your pets but mine even help open their presents its like they know that there is something for them..and sometimes they even help the kids open theirs....
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• omg ..we get our dogs things too..they have stockings beside our girls...and i also get dog gifts for my mother and brothers dogs...even if im broke ill just buy a bag of bones and a few tiny gift bags and fill them all
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yep! I have 2 kitty 'kids' they are part of the family so they get something at Christmas too. I usually get them kitty treats and a few new kitty toys. My mom gives them cat food, treats, toys or a gift card to Mounds.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Absolutely! my Golden Retriever is part of the family and she will get treats and a new toy for Christmas.
    carolhas2kids

Answer by carolhas2kids at 4:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• of course!! Its like 5 dollars for a descent dog bone and they have dog toys at the dollar store. There is nothing wrong with that
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• We got a dog when I was younger who was about 4 years old. That Christmas this dog was going insane looking under the tree, sniffing all of the presents. She basically would not leave us alone. My dad talked to the people we got her from and they said they always bought her bones for Christmas. So every year we would buy her a big rawhide bone and wrap it and put it under the tree. She would just get it and sit with it until we told her it was ok to open then she would shred the paper and go nuts on the bone lol.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• We always buy our dog a christmas present .Usually a new sweater or a bone.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes we do and we started when the kids where 5-years old and have kept it up for 22-years. They are part of the family. We also make them a Birthday cake for their B-days.
    Showing love and respect for our pets is very important for our kids to see.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Well until August our dogs were our babies. LOL! Yes we do get them Christmas gifts. And I participate in a secret santa with other Whippet owners from a Whippet message board. My MIL sometimes sends them gifts and sometimes brings them toys when she visits. Last year for Christmas she wanted me to make her a calendar of her "granddogs." Obviously she is an animal lover as well. People aren't animal lovers often don't understand our craziness. :)
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I think it's cute! When I was growing up, our dog always got a wrapped present under the three. And my son is already planning what he wants to get 'the girls' (our guinea pigs) for Christmas. He wants to shop for them himself- very cute!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2009