Binging-why?

Every couple of days, I have this incredible urge to eat a large amount of sweets. I find myself going out of my way to go to the grocery store and buy a whole box of doughnuts, a whole cheesecake, or some other kind of dessert and binging on it. I feel a little guilty afterwards, but it never stops me from doing it again. In fact, I get this satisfaction from binging. What is the reason people binge? How can I stop? I dont want to go to a doctor or therapist for it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Health

• Most likely its from not adding a little to your diet each day/week.I have found if I eat what I want in moderation,the less likely I am to binge.Its a vicious cycle to be in and have done it myself.I restricted so much from my diet when I first started losing weight.(I lost 145 pounds so far)that when I finally decided to reward myself,I overdo it lol.The key is moderation.Its hard I know,but you will feel so much better adding in a little to your diet over time.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2009