i have so much bills and just lost my job,bc of babbysitting problems,now i have comcast,wich include phone,tv,and internet .my bandel expired a month ago and the price increased now they are asking more money is there anything esle i can try?I Tried verizon fios but they dont have it where i live,is there like wireless internet that is affordable,and a phone and cable by themself?

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• Can you go without, or get rid of internet or cable?

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• If you lost your job cable and internet are not necessities, cancel and use the money you do have for food and housing.

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• YOU DO NOT NEED COM CAST. If you have a library card and a laptop use wifi for free, you do not need to go inside, even some cities offer that internet for free. As far as TV ONLINE You have at this date you can get CNN live. Lost job but still kept the internet and cell phone. cost less than at&t and comcast. Now discovered MY wifi from and I can run 5 systems from it at once just go to to find out. Got a Job again and car payment almost done, this week I think.

• You don't need cable TV, though you should have internet to use for your job search.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• try Time Warner if that's available in your area, they have great dicount bundles for new customers and price lock for 2 years.

Answer by how_reb at 7:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2009