For those with December birthdays? Do you do birthday & xmas portraits?

My DD's birthday is in December and I have always gotten a christmas dress & a birthday dress or outfit and gotten her pportraits done for both occasions. This is costing me a ton of money. What do others do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't do either. We just take a great photo from the year and use it as our Christmas card. I don't like the very posed photos. Why do you need 2 professional photos in the same month?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I schedule my Christmas pics early and get all three kids together (we just had them done last week.) Then I take my December 20th b-day girl to get a solo portrait closer to her birthday.

Can you not get a photo session booked that allows a change of clothes? Then you could get a Christmas dress pic and a birthday dress pic in the same sitting without having to pay two siting fees or two photo packages.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would just do one or the other. I would probably do the Christmas shot, and also get family portraits done as well. I personally don't do either every year, but plan on getting professional shots done this Christmas as gifts for the grandparents.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2009