Ive been with a man for going on 6yrs may and he hasnt asked me to marry him whats up?

When we started dating I had told him that i wasnt that intrested in marriage. No one in my family has a successful marriage but his grandparents are married and were both from broken homes and we dont want the same for our child. We love each other very much, and I've told him hes the only one for me and he calls me his Queen. We have talkd about but nothing serious. But I also dont want to rush him if hes not quite ready yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• the thing about life is people change their minds. you'll never know how he feels unless you talk to him. after six years i'd think you'd be comfortable doing that. i know it's scary to think about... but even if he still doesn't want to get married, he's not going to break up with you just because you want to talk about it. it's natural to want that after all the time spent. be prepared to answer questiosn about why you changed your thinking and why it's important instead of continuing status quo.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would just bring it up more often... give him some hints. Maybe he is still stuck on you saying that you weren't that interested in getting married. Don't be suprised if you don't have to spell it out for him... guys some time just don't understand what a woman wants.

Good Luck
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Six years???? How old are you? Because women have a shelf life for having children. If there is no prospects of marriage with this man and you want that, it is time to move on. Best of luck to you.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 3:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I'd move on if he isn't ready to take your relationship farther and you want to marry and have kids.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Ask him to marry you.
    Anonymous

• You told him you weren't interested in marriage....have you told him you now feel differently? If not, that's probably why. He's a man; they tend to take us at our word (hence the reason it ends in a huge fight when they say "What's wrong?" and we say "nothing"). You told him you weren't interested in that, so he's happily going along thinking that things are fine. Tell him you've changed your mind. If he still shows no signs of asking or being interested in taking things in that direction, then it may be time to consider other options.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It is time for a showdown....you will know if you ask him. Why did you have a baby? I firmly believe that babies are for after marriage. The poor little kid.....
    Anonymous

• Sometimes men are 'clueless' they can't read subtle hints and don't quite get it. I think you are going to have to sit him down and talk to him tell him that you love him, and he has made you re-think your views on marriage. Ask him how he feels, and if he sees marriage in your future. If he says yes -good for you! If he says no, then you have to ask yourself -do you want to invest more years in the relationship or do you want to end it and find someone who will want to get married?
    I wish you the best of luck and hope things work out how you want!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• you told him you werent interested in marriage, that is why he has not asked. Tell him you've thought about marriage, & see what he thinks about it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• ask him...i proposed to my husband
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2009