goldfish question

The guy at Walmart told me not to put the goldfish with the fancy tails and the ones with the simple tails together in the same tank because the simple tailed ones will get all the food. Is this true? I am not sure I trust the Walmart guy and I would really like some of each.

justluvinmyson

Asked by justluvinmyson at 3:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pets

• They say that bc the ones with the plain tail can swim faster. The fan tails are slow and kinda clumsy. I used to work in a petstore and heard that question a lot, but I have never had an issue. If you are worried about it just watch when you feed them and make sure everyone is getting some.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 7:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I my self have not heard this before. Doesn't make it not true, but I have both kinds in a huge pond and they all get along very well. When I feed, everyone is eating...haven't lost one yet. But if I were you I would look that up on google and see what the experts say...Good luck..
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 3:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Also. You may find a differance between feedig pellets and flakes. If the feeding problems are your only concern (and I cant emagine any other problems with mixing them) try feeding them both pellets and flakes. They float differently allowing a more broad feeding pattern. That is if they are big anough for pellets. They do have them in smaller sizes too. I have tin fins. They are too easy but my favorite is my sucker fish and i worried about feeding patterns. But my favorite expert at petsmart gave me this advise and it works great. I got my suckerfish (Norbert) as a little tyke and Iworriedif he would get enough food. But he is over a foot long now. And as for wallmart employees well every now and then they know what they are doing just not very often. My boyfriend works there and well hes one with a brain. It helps that hes watched me rais fish but not all are idiot. lol
    Roharn

Answer by Roharn at 4:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2009