What gives women the right to call each other sluts and B*tches?

I don't get it. By calling each other that, joking or otherwise, we are telling men its OK to call us that!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL ... that's all.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 3:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• What gives us the right? It is called freedom of speech. You really need to grow up if it offends you so much.

Anonymous

• You slutty botch!!
    Anonymous

• I dont know what kind of men you hang around, but no men treat me like that even if I do joke with my girlfriends.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Some people just don't have manners. Not much you can do, don't let it bother you and if someone calls you that just say "that's inappropriate". Simple.
    Anonymous

• ummm, what kind of women are you hanging around? My friends and i never jokingly call each other those names. But if others do it why let it bother you? As long as they aren't calling me that I really don't care!
    Anonymous

• There is a difference in calling someone what they act/dress like, and joking with a friend. I don't call my friends sluts or bitches...but If I notice someone acting in a particular way, well then I'll tell my husband, "Did you see that Hoochie? Her shorts are shorter than my underwear!" Usually he points them out so we can joke together because we both know that women who act like sluts are never really ladies. (so its justifiable)
    Dessahkristene

Answer by Dessahkristene at 3:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Usually because they are a slut or b**ch. Sorry just my opinion, I have never called anyone that to their face but will admit to have doing it behind their back. And like previous poster, this is America we have the freedom to do this. Doesn't make it right but it is the way it is.
    Anonymous

• Lol I do hear it quite a bit as well I have some female friends that think it is so funny to talk to me like that but I just laugh it off and normally ignore it. I do agree however I tend to get a little mouthy.. okay alot mouthy when I am called a B*tch or or the infoumous C word by a male I really does bother me a lot and I do not take that but I believe girls say things like that to girls because of the different relationships they have. We have been wanting gender equality for a long time now.. this proably just comes with the territory Have you ever been in a room full of men of I have the way men talk to men is crazy insults with good intention or something and my cousin who is African American calls everyone of his friends the n.. word I am used to it now I think it just a new way of affection or fun in games sticks and stones right??
    Anonymous

• Anon :51 .. Just because someone jokes around with names does not mean they dont have manners..
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 3:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2009