Going Bald

So I know babies are supposed to loose hair and all that but I was wondering until when do they stop loosing hair. My daughter is 3 months old and I just noticed last night she was still loosing hair.....

lilangel_4206

Asked by lilangel_4206 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was born with hair, then lost like all of it off the sides, and then it grew in again. i would not be concerned. i think its just cuz they are in their crib, carseat etc so much that they rub it off their heads. its not anything to worry about and it will grow back soon
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It really depends on the baby's hair color now and what it will be in the future. My son had light, light blond hair and it all came off before his 1st birthday. His darker hair was growing in during the process of losing the old hair. Now his hair is dark brown. My second had a dark red tint to it. He has lost some but not nearly as much (or maybe it just appears that way) because the hair coming in is similar in color. If you are concerned about it ask her pediatrician. Sometimes hair loss is a symptom of an undiagnosed health problem.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 4:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• When my son was born he never lost his hair he had so much hair but my daughter lost her hair it was very strange.. It was not until she was 8 months it really started growing and it frusterated me so bad lol becasue I wanted to do the "girly" things with her you know put the bows in her hair, and put her hair up.. but she has a lot of hair now she will be two tomarrow :)
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• ok so I think I should not worry then but ill still ask tomorrow at her doctors visit
    THANKS
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• my 6 month old is just getting her hair back
    laura0107

Answer by laura0107 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My son lost all his hair around 3 months, then when it grew back it was silky and curly beautiful. But there is nothing to worry about. Its natural and normal.
    fraziersmom

Answer by fraziersmom at 11:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2009