Daycare/Preschool Please answer

Hi, I have a 2 yo and a 6 month old. I am getting ready to return to work outside the home since before my 2yo was born.( I was working from home but got laid off) I am just wondering what advise you can give me into what to ask a provider and what I need to look for when I go and visit the daycare. I am so nervous to leave my children with someone I don't know, so any help that you can give me I would greatly appreciate it. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I have been able to stay home as long as I have. Thanks in advance for your answers.

newmommy61207

Asked by newmommy61207 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I use to work at a daycare and i understand ur concern, but do some research on the laws for a daycare make sure children are in ratio and even sit in and watch the children interact with the teacher ask about what they do when i child is sick and what there temp. has to be to be sent home, how often do they clean the toys........maybe even talk to some of the childrens parents
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 4:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• ew.. research big time.. i found a lot of daycares that just let mmy kids run around and color in a coloring book.. then i found the one weve been at for a year and they are educational.. my daughter knew her colors at 13 months.. and my 3 year old can already multiply.. its $10 more a week then the last place that had no curriculm..so just do great research plus.. the old one made bad food but the new one makes great nurtitional food and the only thing processed they feed them is the cereal in the morning maybe... so do walk throughs and ask to speak to parents and ask questions..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i just got done interviewing 20 daycares. so yes do your research. and if there is anything,even the slightest thing, you dont care for then keep looking. do not settle. my sitter just quit on me at last minute and i felt like i was leaving my kiddo for the first time all over again. So its not easy but the kids will love the social interactions.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2009