Do you think it's fair as a parent?

It has always happened teens getting pregnant, at an early age. But it's happwning a lot more now. They think they are ready, or are mature enough to even be having sex.

Well I don't think it's fair to the parents of these teens who are being careless and irresponsible, they are trying to raise a child of their own, then their child gets pregnant and the parent gets stuck taking care and raising their grandchild along with still probably supporting the teen parent.

As a parent you do what you need to or what you can, but do you think it's fair to the parent to have to be a parent to their teen and grandchild too!?!?!?!?!?!?

MommaRox4683

Asked by MommaRox4683 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• but I beleive being a parent is a life long journey. Being a parent isnt always fair or fun but it is a commitment I choose. again kids will be kids and as a parent I think we should show our children the lesson in everything from what happens when you do not tie your shoes, dont buckle up, or have a baby.... and for the record I will be sitting down with the "sperm donors" parents if that ever did happen... he will feel the burn as well from me $$$ and mor importantly his time with the baby.
    sbeauvais

Answer by sbeauvais at 9:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• No, not at all.
    But that is what a good parent/grandparent will do if the situation falls on them.

There are so many cases of teenagers who are pregnant being thrown out onto the street because their parents will not support them. That is very sad.
    Anonymous

• mistakes happen i got pregnant my 1st time and im independent i help my mom out with bills not all us teens are the same so it jus depends on your teen
    Anonymous

• you know i am going to tell my kids about sex and tell them about stds and safe sex and trust that my daughters will come to me and say mom im ready and i can help educate them and get them condoms if needed and birth control.. i have trust with my kids and hope to keep it that way but if my kids get prego early im not going to be one of those moms who pushes them out the door..im going to make them get a job and pay the bills and make sure they understand what life is spose to be.. im not going to demand that they get married.. this is how me and my husband feel. trust is a big thing and we want to have it.. and im not going to let my grandkids suffer because mommy was in love at 15 like i was.i didnt get prego till marriage so i hope my kids will be the same way..
    Anonymous

• You reap what you sow. Many kids who get pregnant got there because their parents didn't teach them right. It is our job as parents to be pro active when it comes to sex ed. If more parents were involved with their teens and didn't dance around the subject of sex maybe there wouldn't be as many teen pregnancies.
    Like the question asked a few minutes ago by a 15 year old wanting a baby. Obviousely her parents haven't made her feel loved and needed. So now she feels it necesary to create a loving family enviroment by having a baby of her own. Sad that she doesn't have loving parents, now she wants to bring a baby into the world and make his life miserable too.
    Anonymous

• Is it fair to the parent? In most cases yes, that is what they have taught their daughter to do, or they have failed to teach her NOT to get pregnant. So yea it is fair they have to deal with what they raised.
    Anonymous

• Cont'd....

I don't have teen daughter's yet! But seriously it's sad, for the parents raising the teens, the teens are giving themselves a chance at life they are living it toooo fast, and none of it's fair to the baby! ANd look at the stress it puts on the adult parent. As a mom or parent you look foward to raising your kids and them going off as an adult and starting a life, so you can enjoy what young years you have left too. It's just not fair. And teens are slefish and don't think about the consequences or what they could be putting their parents through, and how hard it really is.

I got married and had kids in my mid 20's so this isn't about me, it's about all those moms out there who are going through this with their teen.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• And you can teach and raise your kids right, that doesn't mean they aren't going to make their own choices and mistakes, and the parents get stuck paying for it. No matter what you do, kids are under peer pressure, and are influenced in sooooo many other ways now, and most think it's a mature cool thing to be a young mom too!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I actually blame the parents in most cases. My daughter is 13 and use to hang around with girls whose parents allowed them to start dating at 11 years old and go to boy/girl parties all the time. I encourged my daughter to find other friends because she was alway left out because I did not allow her to do these things. My daughter is doing very well with her new group of friends and these girls have turned very slutty. I think alot of parents are either clueless or neglectful and just don't care what their teens are up too.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 4:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• EVERYONE makes mistakes. You cannot blame the parents of teen parents, most of us teach our children right from wrong and do our best but we can't police our children 24/7. I know many teens that were raised in strict Catholic families and they got pregnant. A teen getting pregnant is NOT the parents fault, unless the parents didn't teach about safe sex and birth control. For all you know, that teen was raped and chose to keep the baby.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009