how do u evan start to potty train a 2 year old

zahhevan20

Asked by zahhevan20 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://www.pull-ups.com/na/potty_training_dvd.aspx

If you go to this website huggies will send you a free potty training dvd it has songs and other ideas to teach your child. It has different ideas to fit each child.
    Anonymous

• Potty training is a journey. Actually we call it the potty train. First of all is your child able to tell you themselves they have to go? Are they able to undo and do their own clothing. Can they clean themselves? That is the age to start. But if you are just warming them up to the idea, then have them sit on their potty chair in the bathroom each time you go to the restroom yourself with their clothes and diaper on. Then gradually remove their diaper to just sit. Developmentally a two year old may not be ready to give it a real try, but its a good idea to present a positive experience each time. I've trained over a hundred kids and parents sometimes tend to want them potty trained before the child is ready because of the expense of diapers. Understandable. But don't make the mistake of setting a timer and setting the child every so many hours/minutes whatever. You are training yourself, not them. Good luck!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Well, from birth to age 2, most parents are already trained to change diapers. I'd rather be trained to put my kid on the potty and not change a diaper.

We introduce the potty, make much ado about it, practice using it, then go straight to undies. We did this around 21 months with my first. SHe had an accident or two a week until 2, then was done. She had an accident or two a month until maybe 3 months after that. She told me when she needed to go, or just went.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2009