My 17 month old likes to "play" with the contents of her diaper..

Any suggestions on how to stop her from doing this? It's mostly in the morning. Before she makes a peep, she will sit in her crib and practically paint with her poop. She knows how to get out of all her clothes, so changing her nighttime attire isn't an option. Ducktape is out of the question to..she's not taking her diaper off, she's reaching into the leg holes. It is SO disgusting...and I've been having to give her a bath almost every morning. Any ideas? We've already started potty training...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Can you put PJs on her that she can't unzip? Or other hard-to-get-off clothes?
    ~E
    Anonymous

• I would try putting her pjs on backwards so she cant get them off
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes - one piece pjs put on backwards so they zip in the back

Answer by missanc at 6:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I know it sounds gross but it sounds like she's curious about texture. Try getting her to have time for water play, finger paint (nontoxic). Sit her on tile floor with a bowl of yogurt n let her have fun with it. Play with mud (make sure she doesn't eat it). Some kids u have to teach them to be messy so they can explore texture. Sounds like she's over that LOL! Also consider Elimination Communication/ diaper free.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Vero, not trying to sound rude, but I don't understand how elimination communication would help. She'd still poop in her bed in the morning and make a gross mess of it!
    Anonymous

• Ec doesn't meam she sits in poop. Since she's diaper free you learn to read her cues. And. Ec moms don't tend to freak out as much about poop.
    But going back to playtime, have u tried it today
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2009