What is the best way to get the smoke smell out of plastic?

I just bought my son a toddler bed and it stinks of smoke. It is one that has the plastic sides, top, bottom, the Cars bed. Anyhow, how can I get the smell out? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if the pieces come apart and can fit in the tub then Id soak them in there with hot water and bleach
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• odeban works really well and that can be purchased at sams club(i love that cause it leaves a clean smell takes out the nasty smells and kills 99.9 of virus and bacteria including staph and hiv and its concentrated add so much cleaner to so much water.. ) and grease lightning might work and thats found at dollar stores...and what were the previous owners doing? smoking next to the toddler bed? how sad... and good luck to you
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I think if you do that with hot water and bleach, perhaps you can use some other cleaning agent on there. Like Oxyclean or something with lemon.

Also try vinegar and hot water. It might could help.

I tried to yahoo answer it but alot comes up.
    This link has other things to try for smells on plastic that can maybe help.

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/house/surfaces/how-to-remove-odors-from-plastic/

Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I just read that about odo-ban too! With my post about the link oon how to clean stuff.

Thanks for posting it for her!
    Anonymous

• i love that stuff odo-ban and oops i spelled it wrong as always.... its really cheap we pay 10 for a gallon and that last me about 6 months and i use it on everything...the first time we tried it was when i left the bedroom window open and a tom cat sprayed into the bedroom..on the carpet base boards and some plastic toys(it was a floor to ceiling window with screen) only had to apply twice and smell was gone...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• op here - Thanks for the suggestions. I looked up odoban and home depot sells it as well so we are headed out there tonight. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• depending on how bad the smell is i would add more than the recommended cleaner when i cleaned that tom cat smell i mixed 50/50 but dont clean it on carpet..i found out the hard way that it does discolor carpet and fabric when its at a higher potency..and it also lathers up some so will will have to rinse with water when you are done ....for fabrics i mix 2 tablespoons of cleaner to one standard size spray bottle..i hope you get that smell out good luck and happy cleaning

gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2009