HELP MY SEVEN YEAR OLD SLEEP PEES!!!!!!

My son is seven and he sleep walks and pees!! not the bed, not his pants outside his bedroom door upstairs! I have his peeing under control now that I know what he is doing I wake up twice a night and walk him downstairs to the bathroom, as well as cut his fluids down at night.. but my upstairs carpet stinks like urine. I have tried carpet shampooing urine be gone, and air freasheners as well as baking soda any suggestions because it is gross the stink lingers. Thank you.

CrystalPmom2

Asked by CrystalPmom2 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• There is a product called OUT. You need to saturate the area with it, soak it good, and let it dry naturally. It really works! You can buy it in the pet section at Walmart. Otherwise there are products to neutralize urine in the cat section at Petsmart that work great too. You may end up cutting a portion of the carpet out and replacing that section, but be sure that subfloor is saturated. You aren't alone. My sister's stepson did that and saturated the subfloor in the corner of his room. Poor kids, what they don't go through when they are growing up. They can't help it. Be patient and hang in there!!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would go to the pet department or store and get the stuff to remove animal urine. It worked really well on human urine as well. And I would clean the wall as well.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Oh no! My son once peed in the fridge in his sleep. We were so grossed out.

He might be able to take a low dose muscle relaxant to help him sleep better so he doesn't get up. You probably hate drugging him. He may not be getting good sleep and may feel much better if he does get meds.

You could lock the door so he can't open it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I cleaned the wall (bleached it) it is the carpet.. Is there a name brand of pet stuff that works? I have tried some animal urine stuff I am scared I am going to have to replace my carpet upstairs and I do not have the money to do that
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I answered your question in another catagory. Natures Miracle from Pet Smart. It is THE best.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I use white vinegar and baking soda for my dog. Tea tree oil is also great (a few drops in a spray bottle with water).
    Anonymous

• They have something called Urine Gone. I think it's for pets but if it gets out cat pee, it should get out human pee. I saw it was sold at Target.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2009