Does the recent Fort Hood incident concern you?

Does what happened at Fort Hood make you even wonder a bit if there are any others in our military with um plans?

Really sucks that this guy was in our military period..I have to wonder..its only natural ya know..and to think there could be more like him who may be able to get certain info that they really should not...

So does it concern you at all?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 4:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah it shows that our govt. will let anybody be in our army and aren't as concerned with America's well being as they should, anyone can become a citizen at any time and then they can join our army, next they'll be in our govt. working on the inside and running for president!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• next they'll be in our govt. working on the inside and running for president!

that's already been accomplished!!!! lolololo
    Anonymous

• It concerns me that we have swung so far into the PC that THIS is what happens. This man showed CLEAR signs (yes I KNOW...the info is still being released, but good grief look at was has BEEN released!) of what he was and that he was not a good guy and it was over looked because no one wanted the crazy ACLU people coming down and suing everyone. So now MANY innocents are dead and it will probably happen again. Why not? There obviously some serious issues!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It is called a "Fifth Column." It is a very real concern of those that don't have their politically correct heads stuck up their behinds.

What concerns me more is the forcing of political correctness to the point that we cannot see the viper about to strike.

Obama doesn't have PC as his excuse though. He sympathizes with Muslims. "I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction," regarding Muslims in Obama's book "Audacity of Hope."

Are most Muslims bad? Yes. Why? Even if they are not radical themselves they are guilty by association. If they are truly peaceful and truly care about this country they will rise up and cast out the evil among themselves. Don't give me any crap about Christians either. Christians time and again condemn radicals (like the funeral nuts) among us. Until Muslims do this none of them can be above suspicion.

Do some real research people.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I agree with Mom We have become more concerned with being PC that we endanger our very lives. These people are everywhere, military, schools, gov office, etc. And then they have the agencies like ACLU to watch their treatment with 4 eyes and let you know your being watched . Its scary that they can be sleeper cells waiting for the call, or not even call to act on their own. Something has to be changed for the safety of this country. Sadly I think this will be the new Act of terrorism in this country. Homegrown at its best.
    WhoCares224

Answer by WhoCares224 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Do you think the ARmy is too PC? I think they don't Have enough concern for ANY personnel who seem to be a little nuts. The vets who came back from VietNam and from Iraq have serious problems but they don't want to deal with it,. Remember that many soldiers at Fort Btragg have been violent, a few killed their wives since returning from Iraq and Afghanistan since 9/11....it will proably be a longstanding issue for any Vets or active duty.personnel.
    Anonymous

• Sure anon but thats not the point of this post it is not what I am pointing at..does it concern you that there might be more who feel the way the fort hood terrorist oops shooter..oops 'suspected shooter' felt? Does it concern you there may be islamic extremists in our military going along acting normal until the time comes for them to do their damage? We know these types exist amoung us already..as evidenced by 9-11 and other happenings..they were people who lived and worked amoung us like everyday people meanwhile they were scheming all along..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It does concern me. Not only if it will happen again w/ someone in the military, but anyone and anywhere. I think we have PC'ed ourselves into a corner and are nowhere prepared for these types of attacks, especially on a larger scale.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It concerns me that our military is too worried about being PC to catch these things before they explode.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yep it is pretty scary when people are more concerned about being PC then dealing with these things and very possibly stopping a tragedy...people are worried about being labeled and worried about losing their jobs..its a damn shame..sadly they have real reason to be worried too..take a look around LISTEN ..even right here on cm..if you speak the obvious oh my no no no you might offend somebody and you are a racist..bigot..etc etc.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2009