Lazy fathers

My bf is so lazy and such an ahole! I plan on moving after the holidays but need to vent. He is so mean to dd and never gives her his attention unless hes drinking. He gets mad when she tries to play with him. He wont bathe her or feed her or get up with her to get ready for school. I could go on all day. But I really wanna hear what pisses you off about DH or SO when it comes to parenting. What does he do that you just wanna kick him for?!

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I love your venting session, i feel like ive vented like this many times before as well! My husband thinks i should just be doing all the cleaning and laundry and such when i work 40+ hours a week and he JUST started being a realtor and hardly ever works.. hum dont really see how that is fair but whatever.. i also get HIS daughter up in the morning get her dressed and ready for school, and at night I get her bath all ready and get her ready for bed... i still cant figure out what on earth my husband does all day that he just cant do any of these things!!
    stepmom2B29

Answer by stepmom2B29 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well my hubby isnt perfect but i get irratated if he doesnt take out the trash when it was his idea in the first place to do it,but i dont hate him for that,it just bugs.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I hope you seriously leave the jerk and that your'e more picky in the future, for the sake of your daughter. I hate when my hubby gets to sleep in and I don't!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• been in jail since before our son could even crawl....enough said?
    babyjohnson1028

Answer by babyjohnson1028 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Trust me. Im leaving. I just wanna spend this Christmas together for our dd and thats all. Im so sick of this shit and will def be more picky in the future. Ive learned my lesson
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• If you leave him then you have to do it all. What will leaving get you if what you are upset about is that he doesn't help with the childcare.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• ouch... that's pretty horrible actually.. why wait?? I could never have my little one around anyone like that.. my husband has less patience than I wish he had - I hate that he listens to him Sister and Mom on parenting because they are HORRIBLE but otherwise, I am actually pretty damn lucky!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

Its a lot deeper than this. I do it ALL so the only loss will be sharing a bed. And thats something I look forward to!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• maxsmom...my dd is a momas girl so waiting it out is just easier financially for me. Its not about spending time with him its more getting through the holidays since his only good quality is money lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I think you're doing it all already. nvm what Gaill says. I think you are going to be just fine on your own, you dont need to babysit a grown man if youre really going to leave i give you my support. for me what bugs me is me asking or hinting to tell my husband to do things like get our daughter, or wash the dishes, clean the car. it just pisses me off that he don't take the initiative to do things on his own.
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2009