Very stupid question...but has anyone here used Gas-X?

Or a similar medication with the same ingredient. Okay, my parents were "arguing" about how it worked. One said the meds just got rid of ur gas...like...take it and ur fine. The other sad it just loosened the gas so it was easily passed. Which is right? I know this is soooo dumb, but now I'm curious after seeing one of the recent commercials for it. The guy in the business meeting who keeps hearing the boss say things like "top of your gas" and "your son rip is on line toot"...so he takes the Gas-x. BUT, if the parent who said it makes you pass the gas is right...wouldn't that be a bad time to take it? LOL. I know, I'm in a stupid mood today but I'm curious to know how it works now. Might save me the embarrassment of taking it before going out around people. :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I believe it loosens the gas so that it may pass more easily. I was on Simethicone for about a month after I had my baby (c-section). It didn't work like magic, trust me. I was miserable for the longest. I swear the gas was worse than the incision.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• it loosens gas to it can be passed....i was on it while i was preggo
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I think beano is what supresses your gas but I take Gas-X from time to time when I have gas build up and it loosens me up so I can pass it and not be so bloated and/or in pain.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2009