How many oz. of formula is your 8 week old (or close) baby eating?

I just gave my daughter her normal 4 oz. bottle and she screamed & cried when I took it away. So I gave her another ounce & so far she seems to be pleased..lol is this normal? Or around the same amount your baby is eating?

CaydensMama505

Asked by CaydensMama505 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i went t a breastfeeding class and the teacher says that you should pay attention to how much poop and pee your baby has, not so much the intake of food. The baby is not going to eat more than he/she can hold. There is a problem if it doesn't come back out.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 6:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My daughter is 11 weeks, and at 8 weeks she ate about 4oz now shes up to 5 almost 6.
    Robin_Ayla

Answer by Robin_Ayla at 6:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• How to tell how much formula your baby needs - BabyCenter
    and from 2-3 months about 25 to 40 oz per day. 24 hour intake is much better indicator then per time feeding. Is he eating every 2 hours or does he go 4-5 ...
    www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-tell-how-much-formula-your-baby-needs_
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My son is 11 weeks old and eats between 4-6 ounces every 3 to 4 hours. Sometimes sooner. And if I remember right, around 8 weeks he was eating 4 ounces, but sometimes wanted more. Like the other mom said your baby will only eat what she wants to.
    HuntersMom4908

Answer by HuntersMom4908 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My daughter would take 6oz first bottle, three hours later 4oz, three hours later 6oz for lunch, three hours later 4oz, then 6oz at bedtime. She slept all night. She never could drink a full 8 oz bottle of milk or formula, her tummy wouldn't hold it.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• When my boy was 2 months old he ate 4 oz. Now he is 8 months and he is eating 6-8 oz every 3-4 hours....
    barbara404

Answer by barbara404 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• as long as your baby isnt eating too fast, or spitting it all up feed like you are if she is still hungry she will let you know
    vidasmama

Answer by vidasmama at 12:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2008