do you pray?

If you do pray was there a time you didn't pray? Do you look back on that time when you didn't have God and wonder if things would have changed or been different if you asked God? Once you put God in your life, how do you let go of the pain filled memories of the past and trust again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wasn't sure that I believed in God truely until about a year ago. I always prayed though I wasn't sure who I prayed to. About a year ago, I really had some tough times with my DH and life in general and I read "The Shack". something in that book made me take a different look at my life and my marriage. Something in me changed. Now, whether that book is true or not, it spoke to me and encouraged me to start looking at the Bible again and talking with people about God. Before then I was embarrassed to say I was a Christian and believed. Now, that has all changed. I believe that God is different for all people and how they feel about Him. To some, he is like a king, to be reveered and worshipped. To me, he is my beloved, my friend, the one I can tell anything to and will still love me no matter when all others turn against me. He is my strength.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes I pray everyday.. now the times I did not pray because I was being rebellious towards God, Yes I think My circumstances wouldhave been different had I been praying and were close to God
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 5:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• never have never will.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Necro1134...do you ever say "please make it stop" or "someon help me" to thin air? If so, wouldn't that be a form of prayer?
    Anonymous

• I pray all the time. First thing in the morning and last thing at night, while preparing food or before eating, when I need some extra patients or just because... I am very honest with my gods and have a very open relationship with them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes, but not necessarily to move God to do what I want. Prayer is much more than going to that great cosmic vending machine and putting in enough prayers to get what we want. Yes I ask Him for my needs but I spend far more time talking to and listening to Him. Prayer is much more about fellowship with God than it used to be for me. I have always prayed, ever since I became a Christian 30 years ago, but I do look back and wonder if my relationship with Jesus would have been stronger if I had understood prayer's purpose more.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• anon- no i dont
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I pray all the time.

I love to pray and it is the way that I can feel closest to God.

My typical prayers are just unburdening my heart. Thanking Jesus for being everything to me. When I see things that happen in the world that make me sad, I take them to Jesus. I thank God for the Holy Spirit.

things like that...

ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I do pray yes. But I don not think about the past and all the woulda coulda's. There have been times I didn't pray on a daily basis like I do now but... I don't really think about it because I am happy with my life the way it is right now. It's the present that matters anyways.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 9:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes I pray, but when you have lost a loved one can you talk to him/her when you are done praying to God?
    Anonymous