How do you get urine out of carpet

My son is seven and he sleep walks and pees!! not the bed, not his pants outside his bedroom door upstairs! I have his peeing under control now that I know what he is doing I wake up twice a night and walk him downstairs to the bathroom, as well as cut his fluids down at night.. but my upstairs carpet stinks like urine. I have tried carpet shampooing urine be gone, and air freasheners as well as baking soda any suggestions because it is gross the stink lingers. Thank you.

CrystalPmom2

Asked by CrystalPmom2 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• The absolute best stain and oder remover of organic stains..like blood, urine, vomit is Natures Miracle. PetSmart carries it. It is not inexpensive, but it does work. My sons mattress survived his college years only because of natures miracle.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have had great sucess with white vinegar. There is also a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dawn dish soap that is said to work...google it and see if you can find the exact mixture.
    Anonymous

• was going to say the same- Natures Miracle. Use It Straight. Soak it. Let It Dry. smell... GONE.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• The oxy-clean liquid you use on clothes works wonders, and if you get the scented kind it smells good too. Worked on my daughters urine under the potty chair, and it was BAD!
    AmyHeinrich

Answer by AmyHeinrich at 5:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Spray with white vinegar, sprinkle with baking soda, spray again with vinegar. vacuum when completely dry.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009