What kind of unique, creative, or homemade gifts are you giving this season?

I'm looking for good ideas. I'm trying to think a little more out of the box this year.
So far, i'm giving a few different people/families a mini scrapbook. Handmade and individualized.
And for my IL's i bought them a pair of concert tickets.

What are YOU giving this season that is a little "out of the box"?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 4:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Holidays

• I like your tickets idea. Tickets to the local play houses or summer broadway shows in your area aren't cheap but are "out of the box". I'm making my delicious cheesecake that people love and always think is from a restaurant. I'll give it to them frozen so they can eat it whenever they like.
    I have a journal post with a ton of ideas but I haven't decided which of them to do myself yet.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• making camping pillows for everyone. that will have pillow on one side, and a pocket on the back for their blanket or stuffed friend. with a tie to attach to sleeping back for packing. dh's family is big into camping and so are we so I figured this was a good plan (and saves the at home pillows from camp smells lol )

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• and my dad and I are making dh a poker table
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I'm making my son't dog a quilted dog bed.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Actually the tickets i bought were only 20 bucks each! not bad! And it's for a show that i'm sure they will enjoy. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Last yr I baked 500 cookies and then made baskets out of eatiable cookies and gave them out as gifts...
    This yr I haven't decided what I am doing...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Wow..you made baskets out of cookies? Thats awesome!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• by:MamChamp--Wow..you made baskets out of cookies? Thats awesome!

The baskets took a lot of patients too... and were not as easy as the directions said... LOL... but they were a hit....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Last year for My MIL/SFIL (Step-Father In Law - My husband's step-dad), SIL/BIL we made a batch of cookies for each of them, then attached a couples ticket package to the local comedy club. That had two free drinks, two free appitizers, and tickets to the show. They all loved it. We also bought my SBIL (Step-Brother in law - My husband's Step-Brother) a carniverous plant growing kit. He loved it. If you have any geeks in your family head on over to ThinkGeek.com for some AWESOME gifts. If you're really out of ideas head on over to gifts.com for some ideas. This year I haven't decided what I'm doing. So I better get to thinking ..
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I am making the kids (nieces and nephews) and select close friends those fleese tie blankets! I made my daughter one as a practice piece and it turned out so cute!!  I dont know how to send a picture of the one I made or I would!  :(    

But its really cute!  send me your email if you are intersted!

momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 1:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2009