Why don't I get full before I am done eating?

I have always had this problem... today I ate 3 pieces of pizza and did not feel full until I was done... I hate it but food is so darn good I can't control myself. I am getting so fat!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We don't get that full feeling message until too late. That's just the way it is.

You might try drinking a large glass of water before you eat. It will help make you feel full.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Once your stomach is full it takes 20 minutes before your brain registers it. Try drinking a glass of water 30 minutes before you start eating. AND eat slower.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• dont eat until you are full eat until you are satisfied..i love food and if i didnt stop at so much id be fat as hell. i eat just enough to where i dont have that stabbing hunger pain but im not completely full either so i could easily go back for seconds thirds but i dont its all about mind control
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Sounds like you are eating too fast. It takes 20 minutes before your stomach sends the signal to your brain that you are full, so if you don't take your time to fully enjoy your food then it will be easy to consume too much. Try drinking a glass of water 10 minutes before you eat, and try taking smaller bites and chewing longer. You have to slow down and enjoy your food to allow your body to have enough time to tell you when to stop.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• and want to add just because you are hungry it doesnt mean you need to eat...i just eat my 3 small meals a day and one snack..thats it and fresh veggies are a great way to fill up without all the fatting calories....
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I don't know. LOL. I am the opposite. I get full before I am done with my food. I always have been that way.
    Anonymous

• and want to add just because you are hungry it doesnt mean you need to eat...i just eat my 3 small meals a day and one snack..thats it and fresh veggies are a great way to fill up without all the fatting calories

I am going to have to say this is wrong. Your body knows what it needs and when it is hungry so if you are hungry then you need to eat. Just pick your choice of foods wisely. If it isn't meal time then have an apple or a string cheese with a glass of water. You have to learn the difference between hunger and appetite to. Hunger is your body telling you that you need food for energy and apetite is a craving. Learn to be able to tell the difference and that will help you immensly.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• but some people handle stress with food..im one of them if i get stressed out my body thinks its hungry..so i follow the guidelines recommend for my by my doctor..so if its not time to eat i usually dont unless i feel like im starving then its a handful of carrots...just like now i just had 2 turkey sandwiches and about 2 cups of fresh veggies and i still feel like i havent ate anything all day and i just ate a 1/2 hr ago.. and i will be having supper in 2 hrs so im not going to eat until then
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• yes, stress causes an increase in appetite, not hunger. The two are very different.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Do you eat quickly? I have heard that if you eat too fast the stomach doesn't get the signal to the brain while you are eating, there is a like 20 min delay, so we over eat.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2009