Need advice on how to transition bottle to sippy cup.

My daughter is 16 months. She will drink juice and water out of a sippy cup. The routine is at night, before bed we give her milk. She knows when it is that time and looks forward to it every night. However, she will only drink it out of a bottle. We have tried putting it in a sippy cup, but she gets upset and won't drink it.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Thanks so much for your help!!! =)

MaddysMommy788

Asked by MaddysMommy788 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At walmart they have a sippy cup with three different lids. A bottle nipple, a sippy nipple, and a straw. I would buy one of those and give it to her with the bottle nipple every night and only at night so she relates that one to night time bottle. When you think she's ready switch it to the sippy nipple. It's a soft silicone one so other than shape there is not much difference.
    MoMmY2APrince85

Answer by MoMmY2APrince85 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• She doesn't need milk at all.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Thank you! I will go look! And yes she does. Children are soppose to have at least 8oz per day. milk is good for them.
    MaddysMommy788

Answer by MaddysMommy788 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Try bringing her to the store and letting her pick out a special cup to use with milk. And yes, milk is good for her. :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• What worked with my son was the straw sippy cups made by Nuby, that have the handles.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 10:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with her wanting a bottle in the evening. She is still quite young and my dd still will have a bit in a sippy before bed. Nothing worse than spoiled milk spilling ...ick
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Thank you everyone for all of your great ideas! I really appreciate it!!! =)
    MaddysMommy788

Answer by MaddysMommy788 at 2:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2009