Do you thinks it's rude...

for co-workers to spray perfume around a pregnant woman?

MiCaHsMoMmY1206

Asked by MiCaHsMoMmY1206 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Possibly, but if they've never been pregnant then they won't have any idea that it bothers you. I would just say something like "Normally, I love that perfume, but right now I can't handle it because I'm pregnant!" It's a nice way to get your point across. :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• WTF? What does being pregnant have to do with it? I have many allergies. If I smell your perfume from 3 feet away you're wearing too dang much. A b*tch at work carries on about the smokers. I can avoid the smokers out side. I can't avoid her over sprayed, gagging me so bad I can't breathe, rude behind in the office.
    Anonymous

• no. . but maybe you can ask her nicely. not 2 put so much on
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Anon: I know that when I was pregnant, I absolutely could not stand even the slightest bit of perfume, it made me gag. So, yeah, the people who wear too much perfume are always annoying, but it seems even worse when you're pregnant. I have allergies too, and when I was pregnant, even the slightest bit of perfume made me gag.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• They probably don't realize being pregnant makes even the nicest smelling perfume make you gag like you just sniffed a skunk! Maybe pull her aside and politely let her know that you don't mean to rude or anything but the perfume is a little too strong and ask her to not spray it around you. I on the other hand, am a big chicken who wouldn't be able to get up the courage to ask so i probably would just suffer!
    Anonymous

• not just perfume but any smell would make me gag..food, cleaners, perfumes, anything!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• lol thanks everyone for your answers. im a big chicken and wont say anything either. i was just curious what other people thought about it...to the rude anonymous person: being pregnant has A LOT to do with it. everything i smell makes me sick. and i agree...perfume should not be sprayed around ppl with allergies, either. really, i dont think someone should spray it in an office at all. they should do it before they leave for work and NOT bathe in it!!! thanks to all the nice ppl for your input =]
    MiCaHsMoMmY1206

Answer by MiCaHsMoMmY1206 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It's rude in any situation.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 6:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• thank you
    MiCaHsMoMmY1206

Answer by MiCaHsMoMmY1206 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I don't think it's really rude,but if it bothers you then you should tell them in a nice way of course. I don't really remember bothering me when I was pregnant, and my mom wears perfume all the time.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2009