Can you take care of yourself on the road? Do you know how to change a flat tire?

I don't. I have a hard time putting air in my tires too. Embarrassing!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep, my Uncle made sure that I knew how.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes I can. DH taught me everything I need to know. I often drive cross country alone to see DH since he is working away from home at this time. You need to learn car maintenance when you get your drivers license or have AAA programmed in your phone.
    Anonymous

• LOL! Yea I've known how to change a tire since I was 14 and my cousin and I were cruisin my mom's car and it got a flat. We learned how to change a tire real quick! (My mom knew we had the car.) But for the longest time I couldn't unscrew the gas cap....go figure.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my Father taught me how just in case. Ever seen a woman teach her husband to change a tire....I have done that too. Of course now, to fully protect his manhood...lol....we have AAA. : )
    Anonymous

• yeah my mom made me learn how to change a flat, check the oil, change the air filter, replace fueses... all that stuff before I was allowed to drive.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i dont either!!! a guy told me i had a flat at a 7 11 once. and i tried to put air in it.. didnt really know what i was doing there either!!! he came back over and was like "do you have a pressure gauge?". i didnt even know what he was talking about! he went and got his and filled my tire for me. luckily i know how to fill the tire now. i also bought some fix-a-flat, and i just keep that in my car just in case. but no i dont change tires, and i dont think i ever will. if i get stranded i'll call my dh or the police :)
    Anonymous

• my mom taught me so if i had to i could
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• can you call the cops for a flat? i didnt think you could...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• One time my sister and cousin got a flat on the way to school and pulled over. A cop pulled over right away too and asked if they needed help. My sis said no and proceeded to put the tire on herself. My cousin said she wished she had a camera to take a picture of my skinny 16 year old sis changing a tire while this big ol policeman stood there and watched!
    Anonymous

• Yes and I can change/check my oil and jump my car if need be. My fiance made sure I know how and when he works on his truck I help him if its a two person job. Either that or I learn by sitting out there with him and chatting after I bring him a cup of coffee.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009