Are there any such things as flushable wipes or is it just a gimmick?

We are potty training at the moment since I have had my full share of poop and poopy diapers. Anyway, I buy these pack of "flushable wipes" for my DD to use to wipe since bathroom tissue does not work too well. It says on the pack "FLUSHABLE WIPES". So why on earth does it clog my toilet. I have tried different brands and they have ALL clogged my toilet. Surely I'm not the only one who is going through this?

What do you guys use in your homes other than bathroom tissue and flushable wipes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't do it. Just go throw them in the trash. It's not worth having to pay a plumber $150 an hour to come unclog your toilet. Oh and don't flush your tampons either, TRUST ME.
    Anonymous

• I buy the parents choice flushable wipes for my 6 year old and they have never clogged my toilet. I tell her to only use 2 or 3 at a time. Are you using too many? If you need more than 2 or 3 then I would flush inbetween and maybe that would help
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• We use the Cottonelle brand, the only time it clogged one of our toilets was when my son used to many. Other than that we have not had any problems...
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 7:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• They've worked for us, but DD only uses 1-2 at a time
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• we use the kando, and we flush 1 or 2 at a time with no issue
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Here is a great alternative which I learned about months ago. It's Aaah toilet paper moistener. Just squirt some on the TP and you've got instant moist wipes!

The link to the site is http://www.byebyedry.com/ .

Suzanne Riffel, author of "The Potty Boot Camp: Basic Training for Toddlers."
    Suzanneod

Answer by Suzanneod at 12:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009