fatty tumor or scar tissue?

i have a lump right by my rib cage that i was convinced was a hernia. it's been there for about a year and hurts on and off. my doctor felt it and thought the same thing. so i was sent for a cat scan. results were in today and the scan showed NOTHING. the doctor told me that it's possible is scar tissue that is sensitive from my surgery over a year ago. or it could be a fatty tumor that is nothing serious. doctor told me they could remove it if i wanted and have it tested. anyone ever heard of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Health

• fatty tumor or fatty mass? if it is fatty mass you could leave it but I would never keep any tumor in my body as it has the ability to turn into cancer. It is attached? Probably wrong word, but can you feel around the entire thing or is it immovable?
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2009