I need to cut-off a play-date with my son's classmate, does anyone have a suggestion to say w/o them feeling offended.Thanks

The child has little discipline, & they, him & his mom wants to have a play date once a week every single week. I'm just protecting my child & I dont want him to get the bad attitudes from him.What's the best thing to do?Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just tell her that you have other committments and a weekly play date will not work out. Tell her that YOU will cal her when you are available. It is the holiday season so people have a lot going on.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I'm kind of brutal. I'd just say, "This regular play date isn't best for my kid. I don't like his behavior after they play together."

No blaming. Just facts.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Honestly. You don't have to be ugly about it like "your son's the DEVIL!" or anything like that LOL... but you should be honest.

Just tell her that her child is too rough of a playmate for yours at this point.... that it's just not working out.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would just tell her its not going to work for you. If she asks for a reason then just be honest and tell her. Good Luck!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Just tell them that time doesn't work. If you tell them the truth could make your child a target down the road.
    Anonymous

• If you are not comfortable with the honesty of letting them know how you feel, use the best of all "sorry, but turns out we have some scheduling conflicts" - and leave it at that
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 6:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Just say I'm sorry, but I don't think that's going to work for your family right now. Which is true - how her son behaves doesn't work for you and your family. If she presses for a reason, then, depending on how well you know her, or how receptive you think she would be to it, you can simply say something like "I think that our sons have different interests, and it would probably be better for them to play with kids that they have more things in common with..." (In this case, your son's interest is not being a little brat, and you wanting him to play with kids whose thing in common is basic manners, but you don't have to get into that with her.)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it.
    starbucks

Answer by starbucks at 6:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2009