Have you ever got a tattoo while pregnant or brestfeeding?

I have read that it is dangerous because of infection

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Asked by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Health

• I got two tattoos (done at the same time) while I was pregnant...BUT I did not know I was pregnant yet. I found out two weeks later, and my tattoo guy told me not to get them finished until the baby was born for fear of infection.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• That's really a terrible idea to knowingly get one while nursing or pregnant. You will also be turned away by any respectable artist if you are visibly pregnant, there is a great risk of infection.

presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I agree no reputable tattoo artist would ever tattoo a pregnant or nursing woman. and why would you put your child in jeopardy? its dangerous and I wouldn't ever do it

Anonymous

• I tell ya, I wouldn't. I think it is dangerous and unsightly even when you are not pregnant.
    Anonymous

• It is dangerous while pregnant because the pain from the tattoo actually causes pain to the baby. Plus you are more susceptible to infections. So no reputable person will tattoo a pregnant woman. As for nursing, it depends on the shop. Some ask, some do not. There is debate whether it is actually harmful. The only problem is if you get an infection, which is unlikely if you go to a reputable shop.

I have gotten tattoos while pregnant and breastfeeding. I got the one while pregnant because I had tested that morning and it came back positive yet I had my appointment in the afternoon. I didn't want to forfeit my deposit so I lied and said I wasn't pregnant. Any other woman wouldn't of known yet because it was day 1 of when my period was suppose to start. I got my second one a few months ago while BFing and was never asked if I was because they don't care. No shops around me do.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2009