Do any stepmothers and mothers (SO's ex) ever get along?

I see posts how the step moms would complain what a bitch the ex-wife or how lazy or whatever complaint they have and vice versa on the ex-wife about the step moms on here. I wonder if there's anyone on here who actually became friends and get along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• WELL I AM THE WIFE BUT SHE IS THE CHILDS MOTHER. WE FAUGHT AT FIRST. THEN WE BECAME UMMM OK WITH ONE ANTHER. NOW SHE WONTS HIM BACK AND ITS WAR EVEN THOUGH HE ISN'T INTERESTED IN HER. THE ITCH
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 6:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I think as you get older you do. I don't get along with Ex's SO. A lot has to do with the lies he feeds her. She treats me like I am always trying to get him back, or trying to start some fight. I don't even bother calling him about anything important anymore because she gets so upset. He's incredibly rude to me when she's around as well, but he's nice when she isn't. It's like he has two faces, but he's always been that way. I let a lot of her crap go because I know what he's like and I know how stressful it is to live with him, but I don't think I'll ever get along with anyone he is with until he changes his ways.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I get along with my husband's ex-girlfriend, the mother of his daughter. We didn't get along so well in the beginning but things are fine now. We don't sit around and braid each other's hair or anything but we can get along just fine. It happens....better this way in my opinion.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 8:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It is so funny that you asked that because I have been experiencing something that most people would probably consider weird or crazy just this week. First of all, my husband's ex calls our house and she and I talk for 3 hours on the phone. She lives in NY and I live in NC. We mostly talked about my husband and compared stories. I am going through the same mess that she went through when she was married to him. We talked about her children and my children (who are half-brothers and half-sisters) and how we want them to establish a relationship even though they have only met once or twice.She invited me to visit her in NY and bring the kids-with my husband or w/o him (she is happily married to someone else). Just this week, we became friends on facebook and have been sending messages. We have alot in common but most of all we want the best for our children.
    Anonymous