i smoked ciggerates while i was pregnant

im a some-what young mother, i was 21 when i found out i was pregnant. it wasnt planned & i guess u can say i wasnt ready. at the time i still smoked pot, drank every weekend & smoked ciggerates. pot & alcohol was no problem to stop, but the ciggerates was really hard, i had been smoking since i was 13. my SO also started treating me really bad & basically abondoned me while i was pregnant so that made it even harder. im not making excuses for myself, im just explaining why. i tried so hard to quit, i would quit for two months & then something bad would happen & i would smoke. i felt so guilty the whole time & i still do. every time i look at my son, i feel so horrible that i could do that to him. even though hes healthy & perfect, the guilt drives me crazy sometimes. should i ever let myself stop feeling so guilty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Health

• Oh anon is an idiot. Of course none of those things are healthy. However, you have no reason to hold on to guilt. You've got to forgive yourself because the pain of guilt won't help you in any way. If you are still smoking use your guilt to motivate you to stop now for the health of your son and yourself. You want him to have his loving mother for as long as possible. :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• NO!!!!!! PATHETIC WOMAN
    Anonymous

• I smoked some(regular cigs, not pot) with my secind and third baby. I couldn't smoke at all during my first pregnancy because cigs made me throw up. Turns out my first baby is not as healthy as the second and third. So--go figure. I think your health is determined by your genetic makeup which is decided at the moment the egg and sperm meet and start dividing.
    Anonymous

• What's done is done. Your son is healthy. Let go of the guilt and live for your baby. Use this as motovation to stop smoking and get yourself healthy so you can be a good role model for your son.
    mrimom

Answer by mrimom at 9:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2009