How do I make my 3 yr old not crave attention so much?

My daughter will get attention anyway she can...negative or positive! Her craving for attention has turned into a huge disruption at school and she is now about to be kicked out. UGH!

jaymas

Asked by jaymas at 7:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe she needs a classroom with a lower teacher to student ratio. That way she will get more one-on-one time. Could be she is high energy and curious, so she is acting up because she is bored and not being challenged because the teacher doesn't realize she is done with whatever activity everyone else is still doing.

Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I don't feel as though you have given enough information to help you. What do you mean by crave attention? Maybe there is something more going on. Is she having physical issues?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• She does not have any disabilities. She is very extroverted and outgoing, so I guess hyper would fit the bill there. What I mean by crave attention is that if she is not getting positive reinforcement or positive attention from her teachers, she acts out negatively. This may be talking out of turn, taking her shoes off, anything that puts their attention back on her. I hope that makes sense. I hope as she matures, this will pass!
    jaymas

Answer by jaymas at 5:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2009