Any tips???

Ok, so my daughter has vasagvagal syncope and that is when you faint and feel squemish around medical stuff,doctors office,and blood.and on friday she is getting an MRI of her brain (Because she gets alot of headaches) and i was what are some things she could do so she does not feel faintish or even faint because sometimes when we go to the doctor she willl faint and i have to hold her for about 15 min cuz she is like out cold ...Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• dude, this is seriously something you need to discuss with your daughters doctor.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 7:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Give her something to put in her hands to draw focus towards that. .....a stuff animal, a squishy ball, ice. Breathing techniques. I dont know. I hope someone can help you better than me. GL.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i had to have a MRI when i was about 8 and i was terrified of that machine. They had to give me some kind of drug to calm my nerves and kinda put me out a little to get me in it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Interesting. I was diagnosed with vazovagel syncope when I was 15 (it is very common). I am not squeemish about anything like what you talked about. All that means is that your body misinterprets your blood pressure(thinks it is too low) sends out a vazo response and lowers it. When this happens you pass out. I am not trying to be argumentative (promise :-) ) but how did the docs connect the dots to hating medical stuff? How did they diagnose her? I am partially curious and partially wondering if she was misdiagnosed? Is she on meds? I was on metaprolol and that balanced the affects and then I stopped taking it after a few years and haven't had any problems since.
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 1:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2009