im doing a photography project with firefighters, need your help ladies

im making a photo book for local firefighters that I have been working with. I want to add inspirational quotes but I feel HORRIBLE just taking them off the internet. I want them to be from real people and to be the truth so could you ladies give me some words....what is a firefighter to you, an inspirational quote that might help them along, etc.

Thanks ladies!

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son is a firefighter/EMT. He calls me regularly about calls he's been on. Usually, there is an adrenaline junkie ,cockyness about his attitutde. It tears me up inside to hear the sound in his voice when I know he's been shaken by a call. He's is typical for a FF. He bench presses 200 lbs, can handle his half of a firehose that takes 2 grown men to handle, he has literally scraped human remains of a street because someone wan't wearing a seatbelt....what takes these 'heroes' to their knees......little kids who are needlessly hurt, maimed or killed by careless, clueless or neglectful parents. So what is a firefighter to me ...Men and women with the courage to run into a burning building as others are running out. Those who look death straight in the eye and keep on going. Long hours away from their loved ones. Swearing the firefighters creed and then living it despite their personal cost.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Someone who bravely and selflessly puts others ahead of themselves
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Handsome, strong, fearless. true hero.
    Anonymous