What do you think of these dreams?

They're so real, I wake up and have to remember where I am. My wonderful boyfriend and I have recently had a huge fight where we nearly broke up. I'm left feeling confused, like maybe he wouldn't care either way. Anyway, since then I keep dreaming that I'm back with my first love. Not back then, but I'm cheating on SO with him. I haven't seen him in years and from what I hear he's nothing I'd want, but I can't stop these dreams.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that you are in search of the kind of love that you had with your firstlove. Its not that you are physically cheating or even desire to. But you are longing for some specific companionship that you are not getting in your current relationship.

Try taking time to figure out if your current boyfriend is REALLY what you want, b/c I think that your dreams are telling you differently.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It is a dream that you want more. Going back never is the same.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• perfectly normal to have a dream of you with an ex. perfectly normal. Even if you don't want your ex. I read something once about when a woman has sex with a guy she has this permanent type of connection with him because the oxytocin she released when sleeping with him. I have dreams like that too. It's perfectly normal.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 8:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I've had dreams of my ex. Not usually sex, but just of him, and I always wake up with this wonderful feeling. Drives me crazy. I think it's just cause I was young and felt more alive then...
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 10:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009