How to tell him.

We did not want kids right now.
We discussed it and I got birth control.
So much for that.
I'm pregnant and I am so scared to tell him.
I can't take it if he flips out. I understand that he's going to be upset, but I just don't think I can handle seeing or hearing him do it.

How do I let him know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Tell him your taking full responsibility for what you about to tell him and you don't hold him any form way financially responsible for it.

Thats CRAP, dont do that.

I would just say, "I need to tell you something and I understand that you might flip out or be upset, but please do it in private"
    Then tell him. Tell him you love him, and leave him alone for awhile.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 9:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Well there is know easy way to tell him. Why don't you say something like this."Honey, the birth control did not work".

Answer by louise2 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Tell him with someone else present who will stand up for you if he really does freak out.
    Anonymous

• Forgot to say something. Most babies are not planed. Hope he understands that.

Answer by louise2 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I like the idea of having someone else there with you. Maybe you can even find a card to give him - there have to be some that "break the news to the new dad!"
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• If you present it as a "failure" of the birth control or a "mistake" then you have a miserable situation on your hands. Present the news the way you want it received.

Are you religious? "Honey, God has sent a miracle that we could never have planned for, and you are going to be so happy...."

Are you health conscious? "Honey, let me just congratulate you on how strong your lil swimmers are. They busted through that birth control. You've got some seriously superior genetics. Natural section has chosen YOU to be a dad."

Is he a momma's boy? "You get to give your mom the best gift of ALL this holiday season. You get to tell her she's going to be a grandmother."

Positive. POSITIVE. Like he won the lottery.

He's going to freak out about money. That's what the dad does. It's his job. Let him.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• OP here:
    He is really close with his mom, and she is ITCHING for grandbabies. We just really wanted to wait.
    Anonymous

• Good- take the gramma angle.

And don't let him act like YOU let this happen. You tell him that the best way to wait is to abstain from sex, and since you are super hot and he can't keep his hands off you... well did he want you to get less hot? No. He likes you super hot.

You will be laughing about it soon enough. And when he starts getting all kinds of positive attention from the fam and co-workers and such, he'll be all proud and act all manly.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• If his mother is itching for grandbabies, get them together and tell them at the same time. Maybe his mother's joy will be infectious!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 8:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• M aybe you can soften the blow a litt;le. tell thim honey I know that we weren'tr planning of having a baby right now.let me tell you this I did take the birth control pills but something went wrong ,and now I pregnant , So I just thought that maybe we can sit down and talk about this and see what we want to do about this.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2009